From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Linked Data Track Proposal (was. Re: Semantic Web track at ApacheCon (Fwd: Tracks for ApacheCon Europe - Project Proposals needed))
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:39:13 GMT
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Ian Dickinson <ian@epimorphics.com> wrote:

> On 22/06/12 08:06, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:
>
>> **
>>
>> Based on the discussion on these lists I'd like o submit the following
>> proposal. Please let me know if you think something should be changed.
>>
>> *Track Title**
>>
>> *Linked Data
>>
>> *Track Description *
>>
>> - linked data application
>> - information extraction
>> - automated annotation
>> - enriched website
>> - RDF processing and reasoning.
>> - semantic web technologies
>>

> Forgive me for being mildly negative, but that doesn't look like a track
> description, it's just a list of technologies. What's the purpose of a
> track in the context of an ApacheCon? What does it hope to achieve? It is
> just a BoF session, or is some output expected?

You're right. There's at least a missing introduction, something like:
"This track shows what can be done with the linked data oriented apache
project and gives room to discuss new technologies and future developments
in the field. The following is not exhaustive list of linked data oriented
topic we hope to cover: "

I just tried to create a wiki page, so that we could collaboratively edit
the track description, but I'm struggling with the wiki.

Cheers,
Reto