From Daniel Spicar <dspi...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Report due on Wednesday
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 20:57:10 GMT
We need to discuss a plan for community development for the report.

Here are my thoughts. I did not think this trough in great detail. It's
pretty much Brainstorming.

It would be really good if we could get some more user interaction going.
As I see it there are several users of Clerezza but the only community we
hear from regularly is the Stanbol community. This leads to a situation
where I have a bad overview of who our users are and what they want
improved. Am I just expecting too much? Does somebody know how such
interaction can be encouraged?

Another approach we could try is to get involved in something like GSoC or
get students to work with/on Clerezza as part of their studies projects. We
do have some connections to the University of Zurich and other
institutions.

Third, maybe we could 'hook' some researchers on Clerezza, or at least the
Clerezza API. From my experience at the University of Zurich, Jena is the
de-facto standard and many researchers don't even know that Clerezza exist.
However to get them to use Clerezza we probably need to offer them some
benefits. That probably means to invest quite some work into integrating
some functionality they want but that Jena is not offering.

What do you think? Any totally different approachers?

Daniel