From Daniel Spicar <dspi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Report due on Wednesday
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 20:33:53 GMT
Ok here is a first DRAFT of the report:

Clerezza

(incubating since November 27th, 2009)

Clerezza is a framework and set of components designed to make it easy to
build application for the semantic and the social web.

Graduation:

We believe Clerezza will be ready to graduate soon. We still need to
improve documentation and tutorials but we believe this alone should not
stand in the way of graduation.

TODO: how to strengthen the community

How has the community developed since the last report:

  - The cooperation with the Apache Stanbol project has been improved with
two Stanbol committers becoming Clerezza committers.

How has the project developed since the last report.

  - We successfully released Clerezza (0.2-incubating).
  -  Apache Wink has accepted a patch by a Clerezza developer. This
presents an opportunity to replace our own JAX-RS implementation with
Wink's.
  - Discussions about the release process and its documentation have taken
place. We have identified possible problems with our version policy and
release process when releasing only a subset of the modules Clerezza
consists of. It is our intention to be able to make such releases. No
conclusion has been reached yet.
  - A drop of activity in the second half of this quarter (after the
release). This can be partially explained with the fact that many
developers use Clerezza in other projects and the release caused a
temporary shift in focus on those projects.

Signed off by mentor:

Please let me know about improvements (language, content).

As you see the part about strengthening the community is still TODO. I will
launch a discussion thread for this purpose soon.

Daniel