From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Relase Apache Clerezza 0.2-incubating
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 15:17:47 GMT
Hi Reto,

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <reto@apache.org> wrote:
> ...this is the third vote to release Clerezza parent and all the modules in
> the release profile....

It would be good to start a new thread for a new vote IMO, I almost
missed this one ;-)

> The source zip and the signatures for this third RC are available here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~reto/clerezza-release-201112/

I checked parent-0.2-incubating-source-release.zip (md5
811fa4644fbab6fac89239d280f3d5cc).

Signatures match, key is provided in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/clerezza/trunk/KEYS

The required incubation DISCLAIMER was missing, I've just added it at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/clerezza/trunk/DISCLAIMER

So -1 on the release, unfortunately, until that's fixed.

I also have a number of minor points:

1) The release archive should be named clerezza-something and not
parent-something.

2) At the root, both NOTICE and NOTICE.txt are present, only one
should be there.

3) Running RAT with "mvn -P rat verify" reports 44 unapproved
licenses, the exclusions list in parent/pom.xml probably needs some
adjustments.

4) The svn tag http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/clerezza/tags/parent-0.2-incubating/
matches the archive content, but contains two stray files:

in osgi.services: maven-eclipse.xml
in shell: maven-eclipse.xml

(minor problem really, mentioning it because I saw it)

5) Is the notice in ext.org.json.simple/NOTICE.txt really required?
Unless I missed something, http://code.google.com/p/json-simple/
doesn't seem to require it.

6) mvn3 build failed the first time with errors like
Running org.apache.clerezza.platform.typehandlerspace.TypeHandlerSpaceTest
62 [main] INFO org.apache.clerezza.triaxrs.JaxRsHandler - Binding
application config:
org.apache.clerezza.platform.typehandlerspace.TypeHandlerSpaceTest$1@61c80b01
(class org.apache.clerezza.platform.typehandlerspace.TypeHandlerSpaceTest$1)
110 [main] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Logging to
org.slf4j.impl.SimpleLogger(org.eclipse.jetty.util.log) via
org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.Slf4jLog
119 [main] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - jetty-7.0.1.v20091125
145 [main] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Started
SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8100
241 [main] INFO org.apache.clerezza.triaxrs.JaxRsHandler - Binding
application config:
org.apache.clerezza.platform.typehandlerspace.TypeHandlerSpaceTest$1@72e8a021
(class org.apache.clerezza.platform.typehandlerspace.TypeHandlerSpaceTest$1)
243 [main] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - jetty-7.0.1.v20091125
244 [main] WARN org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - FAILED
SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8100: java.net.BindException: Address
already in use

That's on a fairly fast box, so maybe timing-related.

Restarting with mvn install -rf platform.typehandlerspace, the build passes.

That's with Maven 3.0.3, java version "1.6.0_29", macosx 10.7.2

Thanks for preparing the release!
-Bertrand