From Fabian Christ <christ.fab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Source zip created in parent project contains to many sources
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 07:35:47 GMT
Hi Reto,

I am currently thinking about the Stanbol release strategy. The
difficult part is to do the first release where many artifacts should
be released at once.

When looking at projects like Sling or Felix, I realized that they
never did a release that contains a complex source tree like you try.
They release each artifact on its own and you can only download each
artifact on its own from the web site. If you want to build the
software, you have to checkout from SVN.

Perhaps you should throw away the current release ZIP and start to
release each artifact by following the dependency chain. For the
votes, it is possible to vote for X artifacts at the same time.

This is probably a lot of work to do for the first release. But once
this release is down you can release single artifacts incrementally.
You can even assign different people to different artifacts and make
them responsible for releasing their artifact.

At the moment I think this is the best strategy and the way we will
take in Stanbol.

Best,
 - Fabian

--