From Reto Bachmann-Gmür ...@farewellutopia.com>
Subject Re: clerezza-virtuoso storage adapter
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:55:11 GMT
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Enrico Daga <enricodaga@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16 November 2011 06:39, Rupert Westenthaler
> <rupert.westenthaler@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Tommaso, all
> >

> > On 16.11.2011, at 00:14, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> >
> >> 2011/11/15 Enrico Daga <enricodaga@gmail.com>
> > [..]
> >> BUT I think that's not possible at the moment due to licensing issues
> wich
> >> GPL2, see [1][2].
> >> Am I wrong?
> >> Tommaso
> >>
> >> [1] : http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VOSLicense
> >> [2] : http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html
> >>
> > when looking at the POM file [1], I do not see any Virtuoso specific
> dependencies  other than the JDBC driver.
> > So in my opinion directly access to the data within the Virtuoso
> relational database should be OK (license wise).
> >
> > However I could imagine that this could change as soon as Clerezza also
> supports direct usage of the
> > SPARQL engine of Stores (CLEREZZA-466 ) and one would like to implement
> this for Virtuoso.
> No, it doesn't, because the SPARQL implementation of virtuoso is based
> on a SQL preprocessor. For example you can do the following in SQL:
>
> sparql select * from {?a ?b ?c}
>
> This means that the only change would be to implement
> SparqlTcProvider, without the need of additional deps.

Interesting. I was thinking to use the sparql-webendpoint of virtuoso to
avoid dependencies. I think both approach might work.

> (This is an extremely interesting feature for me, is anybody active on
> that?)

Shouldn't be a big thing a the major step of preparsing the query and thus
being able to find out if one or more StorageProviders are affected by the
query is already implemented. Will you be at the Salburg IKS meeting? Maybe
we could fid some time to hack on this.

cheers,
reto