From Enrico Daga <enricod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: clerezza-virtuoso storage adapter
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:00:12 GMT
On 16 November 2011 06:39, Rupert Westenthaler
<rupert.westenthaler@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tommaso, all
>

> On 16.11.2011, at 00:14, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
>
>> 2011/11/15 Enrico Daga <enricodaga@gmail.com>
> [..]
>> BUT I think that's not possible at the moment due to licensing issues wich
>> GPL2, see [1][2].
>> Am I wrong?
>> Tommaso
>>
>> [1] : http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VOSLicense
>> [2] : http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html
>>
> when looking at the POM file [1], I do not see any Virtuoso specific dependencies  other
than the JDBC driver.
> So in my opinion directly access to the data within the Virtuoso relational database
should be OK (license wise).

> However I could imagine that this could change as soon as Clerezza also supports direct
usage of the
> SPARQL engine of Stores (CLEREZZA-466 ) and one would like to implement this for Virtuoso.
No, it doesn't, because the SPARQL implementation of virtuoso is based
on a SQL preprocessor. For example you can do the following in SQL:

sparql select * from {?a ?b ?c}

This means that the only change would be to implement
SparqlTcProvider, without the need of additional deps.
(This is an extremely interesting feature for me, is anybody active on that?)

cheers
Enrico

--
Enrico Daga