From Rupert Westenthaler <rupert.westentha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: clerezza-virtuoso storage adapter
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 05:39:25 GMT
Hi Tommaso, all

On 16.11.2011, at 00:14, Tommaso Teofili wrote:

> 2011/11/15 Enrico Daga <enricodaga@gmail.com>
[..]
> BUT I think that's not possible at the moment due to licensing issues wich
> GPL2, see [1][2].
> Am I wrong?
> Tommaso
>
> [1] : http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VOSLicense
> [2] : http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

when looking at the POM file [1], I do not see any Virtuoso specific dependencies  other than
the JDBC driver.
So in my opinion directly access to the data within the Virtuoso relational database should
be OK (license wise).

However I could imagine that this could change as soon as Clerezza also supports direct usage
of the
SPARQL engine of Stores (CLEREZZA-466 ) and one would like to implement this for Virtuoso.

best
Rupert

[1] https://github.com/enridaga/clerezza-virtuoso/blob/master/clerezza-virtuoso/pom.xml