From Reto Bachmann-Gmür ...@farewellutopia.com>
Subject Re: Newbie Question
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 15:18:07 GMT
Hi Sam,

Good you came across clerezza.

You've probably see the original Clerezza proposal
(http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ClerezzaProposal) which gives you
some of the history. The original code has been donated by Trialox
which uses clerezza as the foundation for their CMS system, which is
in use e.g. for http://www.pandaclub.ch/. By now most contributors are
not associated to Trialox. Clerezza is not meant to be a CMS but a
platform to make it easy to build web-applcation for the semantic and
the social web.

There is no official roadmap of the future development and different
committers will set different priorities. From my point of view:

- Release clerezza (Our first release attempt have failed and its time
to try again)
- Have an "app-store" on the website
- Better integrate the documentation and tutorials
- As a longer term vision we've discussed a versioning triple stores
with a transaction oriented api where a transaction yields to a new
version (see http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-clerezza-dev/201009.mbox/%3CAANLkTiknhwnesimUKj+2t6bXzyX2NXPZCUt2hBKzigdr@mail.gmail.com%3E)

Do you think distributed OSGi could be integrated in Clerezza? Is
there a connection between SemWeb and distributed OSGi?

Cheers,
Reto