From Daniel Spicar <daniel.spi...@trialox.org>
Subject Re: Update a bundle containing a WebRenderingService causes a refresh of almost all bundles
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 08:52:06 GMT
Hi all,

I spent some time debugging this issue and I could locate the cause of the
problem. I documented my findings on JIRA. Please have a look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLEREZZA-617

It is very in-depth, but it boils down to package dependencies and
ClassLoaders that causes Felix to create an unexpected dependency.

I would like to discuss possible approaches to resolve the issue. Please
keep in mind that this may seem like a minor issue in the test-setting
provided in the JIRA issue, but in a production system this can cause Felix
to refresh many bundles which effectively shuts down the platform for
several minutes.

Daniel