From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: directory file size of a graph
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:56:10 GMT

On 10 Aug 2011, at 15:59, Tsuyoshi Ito wrote:

> Hi
>
> I tried to copy a felix-cache (latest platform without additional resources in the graphs)
from one pc to another. During the copy process I realized that each graph is exactly 201,4MB
on my mac. So a platform with no extra data is about 1.2GB - quite big. Each additional graph
is using also 200MB.

> Has this to do with the update of tdb? 3-4 month ago a graph with no triples was very
small.

> Is it possible to reduce the file size?

Thanks for pointing that out. I just checked the size of bundle 100 and just on my pretty
empty test
database that I run locally and delete every so often, it is 1.5GB!

$ du -d 2 -h felix-cache/bundle100/
1.5G	felix-cache/bundle100//data/tdb-data
1.5G	felix-cache/bundle100//data
 16K	felix-cache/bundle100//version0.0
1.5G	felix-cache/bundle100/

So for the Social Web applications I am working where I would like to work with a lot of graphs,
this is not good. I'd like to know the reason for this. But it does look like a reason to
switch to Sesame otherwise...

Henry

> Cheers
> Tsuy