From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: EzGraph
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 11:08:49 GMT

On 4 Jul 2011, at 13:05, Henry Story wrote:

> On 4 Jul 2011, at 13:00, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>> On 1 Jul 2011, at 17:24, reto@apache.org checked in

>>> Log:
>>> CLEREZZA-510: using <-- instead of -<- for inverse properties
>>
>> Did you read the documentation for why I chose -<- ?
>> Yes I did read the comment. I just found the asymmetry uglier than requiring them
to be used in the right orde (or repeat the subject, see test).

>> The reason is that with <-- you change the priority of the operators and so things
get more
>> complicated for the developer to work with,
>> I don't think it gets much more complicated the only thing to remember is that the
inverse properties must follow forward properties and not the other way round, there's a comment
on this in test.

>> If you have a strong preference for the other variant I could roll back that commit.
>
> I don't have preferences yet. In fact that is why I favor the current framework, where
people can choose which way they prefer to write things. It may turn out that we all favor
one later after using it for a bit.

So the tests would be: create two versions using the current framework. Write out test cases
that use one, and test cases that use the other. Try to create examples that are problematic,
where things will go one way or the other depending on the priority. See how it feels like
to program it.

> Henry
>

>> Reto
>>

> Social Web Architect