From Reto Bachmann-Gmür ...@farewellutopia.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release apache clerezza parent and release-profile modules
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 14:44:35 GMT

http://people.apache.org/~reto/clerezza-release-201107/clerezza-201107.tar.gz
.

> However I see some issues which in my opinion should be solved for this
> release:
> - the .svn dir/files shouldn't be there
I agree
> - I think it'd be better to create two separate packages (in order to
> distribute them from our website): a source-release package and a
> binary-release package.
This would be an archive consisting of all the binary jars, or should we
exclude the jars for the bundles in the launcher?

> - I see the uima module in the source directory of the package while it
> shouldn't be there as it doesn't get released in this version
It is part of the tag as the release-plugin includes all children of parent.

> - the NOTICE/LICENSE files should be at the top level inside the release
> package
I agree. I added them to every place where a pom is but apparently forgot
the parent.

> Hence my -1.
Actually the only reason i didn't tally the vote yet, is because I needed
the authoritative list of committers. Hope the vote can pass quickly once
the things are fixed. I can do this tomorrow morning, but as I'll be away
next week could you be the release manager for the next voting round? So
hopefully it is released after my holliday :)

Cheers,
Reto