From Reto Bachmann-Gmür ...@farewellutopia.com>
Subject Re: setting a non standard mvn local repository
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:41:11 GMT
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> On 14 Jul 2011, at 11:04, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The property for the local repository is:
>> 'org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.localRepository' is you set this as system
>> property the launcher will pass it on to felix.
>>
>> The property that can be used to set the list of (remote) repositories
>> is 'org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories' which you cannot set as
>> argument as it is overridden by the launcher (would be easy to also
>> use an existing value), you could I think change the property at
>> runtime.
>
> yep, that works. Thanks.
>
> Might be worth adding that to the documentation somwhere as it was (I felt) quite difficult
to find.

It is documented here:
http://www.ops4j.org/projects/pax/url/pax-url-mvn/apidocs/org/ops4j/pax/url/mvn/internal/Connection.html

you may open an issue with pax to have it more prominently documented.

> Btw, how did you get that so quickly? Does Netbeans make it easier to browse remote maven
source code?

I used a search engine available at http://google.com where it was the
first result for the query "pax-url-mvn localRepository"

> While I am on documentation I found that a lot of the links off
>
>  http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/
>
> were broken. Such as this one for example
>
>  http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/mvn-site/rdf.jena.sparql/index.html

The problem might have been in wget-ing the site from
https://builds.apache.org/job/clerezza-site/site/, would be good if
you could open an issue and look into it.

Cheers,
Reto

> Henry
>

>> Reto
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Karl Pauls <karlpauls@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ah sorry, I missed that you where asking for a Clerezza specific
>>> solution. I don't know whether this will work in this case or not (as
>>> you guessed correctly, I only know that this works for running mvn).
>>>
>>> Sorry again for the noise.
>>>
>>> regards,
>>>
>>> Karl

-XX:MaxPermSize=248M -Dmaven.repo.local=/Users/hjs/.m2/bblfish-branch/repository -Dfile.encoding=utf-8
-jar ../target/platform.launcher.tdb-0.5-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar

and I then look at the properties it does not seem to pick up the desired maven repository.

you tried it when running Clerezza? If so then I may just be looking in the wrong place.

standard local maven repository.
which is extreemly tedious in IntelliJ because the source files are not tied in a standard
way to the class jars. So one has to hunt around the web to find the source files, and as
it happens their own site is down.

and setting $M2_HOME but nothing seems to work. Perhaps someone knows the magic incantation?