From Reto Bachmann-Gmür ...@farewellutopia.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release apache clerezza parent and release-profile modules
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:08:40 GMT
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Reto,
>
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 2:40 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <reto@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...I suggest we release clerezza parent and all the modules in the
>> release profile as per svn revision 1145401....
>
> That's not how it works - Apache releases consist of (usually .tar.gz)
> archives of source code, so you (or whoever's taking the role of the
> release manager) have to prepare those archives for the Clerezza PPMC
> and Incubator PMC to vote on them.
>
> See
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
> http://sling.apache.org/site/release-management.html (as an example of
> how we do it in Sling)
>
> You could for example put the suggested artifacts (created from an svn
> tag) under http://people.apache.org/~reto/something and post their
> URLs and md5 or other digests here so that we can check them and vote.

http://people.apache.org/~reto/clerezza-relese-201107/
Does this look ok?

I'm not sure about the tag, I could svn copy the parent to tag, but
not all of the modules in parent are part of the release. I was hoping
the mvn:release plugin would take care of that.

Cheers,
Reto