From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setting a non standard mvn local repository
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 21:50:24 GMT
ah sorry, I missed that you where asking for a Clerezza specific
solution. I don't know whether this will work in this case or not (as
you guessed correctly, I only know that this works for running mvn).

Sorry again for the noise.

regards,

Karl

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> On 13 Jul 2011, at 23:00, Karl Pauls wrote:
>
>> -Dmaven.repo.local=<absolut-path-to-repository folder>
>>
>> e.g.:
>>
>> -Dmaven.repo.local=/Users/foo/.m2/repository
>> notice, its not to the .m2 folder itself but to the repository folder
>> inside of it.
>
> yes, I was just about to try the above too. I tried it now, and I don't think it works.
> If I start zz with
>
> $ java -Xmx512m -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005
-XX:MaxPermSize=248M -Dmaven.repo.local=/Users/hjs/.m2/bblfish-branch/repository -Dfile.encoding=utf-8
-jar ../target/platform.launcher.tdb-0.5-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar

> The point of this is so that when you run a felix install
>
> zz> :f install mvn:org.apache.clerezza/platform.security.foafssl.ontologies/0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT
>
> you can be sure it is going to fetch the correct jar.
>
> If I put a few break points in org.ops4j.pax.url.maven.commons.MavenConfigurationImpl
and I then look at the properties it does not seem to pick up the desired maven repository.

> So I think your solution works when running mvn. Just to make sure: have you tried it
when running Clerezza? If so then I may just be looking in the wrong place.

> Henry
>

>> regards,
>>
>> Karl
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>  I have been spending way too much time searching how to set a non standard
local maven repository.
>>> I have been walking through the org.ops4j.pax.url.maven.commons code, which is
extreemly tedious in IntelliJ because the source files are not tied in a standard way to the
class jars. So one has to hunt around the web to find the source files, and as it happens
their own site is down.

>>>  I tried a few command line arguements including -Dmaven.repo.local=/Dev/.m2/
and setting $M2_HOME but nothing seems to work. Perhaps someone knows the magic incantation?