From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release apache clerezza parent and release-profile modules
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 14:57:01 GMT
2011/7/20 Reto Bachmann-Gmür <me@farewellutopia.com>

> On Jul 20, 2011 3:54 PM, "Tommaso Teofili" <tommaso.teofili@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I could run 'mvn install' successfully both from svn tag and from the
> > unzipped package
> >

> http://people.apache.org/~reto/clerezza-release-201107/clerezza-201107.tar.gz
> .
> >
> > However I see some issues which in my opinion should be solved for this
> > release:
> > - the .svn dir/files shouldn't be there
> I agree
> > - I think it'd be better to create two separate packages (in order to
> > distribute them from our website): a source-release package and a
> > binary-release package.
> This would be an archive consisting of all the binary jars, or should we
> exclude the jars for the bundles in the launcher?

I think we should also include the launchers as people would use them to
launch Clerezza.

> > - I see the uima module in the source directory of the package while it
> > shouldn't be there as it doesn't get released in this version
> It is part of the tag as the release-plugin includes all children of
> parent.

If the uima module is commented in the parent I thought the release-plugin
would've excluded it.

> > - the NOTICE/LICENSE files should be at the top level inside the release
> > package
> I agree. I added them to every place where a pom is but apparently forgot
> the parent.
>

> > Hence my -1.
> Actually the only reason i didn't tally the vote yet, is because I needed
> the authoritative list of committers. Hope the vote can pass quickly once
> the things are fixed. I can do this tomorrow morning, but as I'll be away
> next week could you be the release manager for the next voting round? So
> hopefully it is released after my holliday :)

I have also the longish UIMA Addons release to follow but I'll do my best to
look after this one too.
Should I need an helping end I'll ask here to handover to someone else :)
Thanks,
Tommaso