From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: setting a non standard mvn local repository
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:58:36 GMT

On 14 Jul 2011, at 11:41, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 14 Jul 2011, at 11:04, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The property for the local repository is:
>>> 'org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.localRepository' is you set this as system
>>> property the launcher will pass it on to felix.
>>>
>>> The property that can be used to set the list of (remote) repositories
>>> is 'org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories' which you cannot set as
>>> argument as it is overridden by the launcher (would be easy to also
>>> use an existing value), you could I think change the property at
>>> runtime.
>>
>> yep, that works. Thanks.
>>
>> Might be worth adding that to the documentation somwhere as it was (I felt) quite
difficult to find.

> It is documented here:
> http://www.ops4j.org/projects/pax/url/pax-url-mvn/apidocs/org/ops4j/pax/url/mvn/internal/Connection.html
>
> you may open an issue with pax to have it more prominently documented.

The issue might be that their pom says:

 <description>
    OPS4J Pax Url - mvn: protocol handler.
    Detailed information to be found at http://wiki.ops4j.org/confluence/x/CoA6.
  </description>

If you try every url except www.ops4j.org you get a failure. Having the pom point at the source
repository would be good too. But their svn links are down.

>> Btw, how did you get that so quickly? Does Netbeans make it easier to browse remote
maven source code?

> I used a search engine available at http://google.com where it was the
> first result for the query "pax-url-mvn localRepository"

you mean google code? Ok. Good to know that works better than the others.
Still relying on google to help people find the doc, shows something is not quite right.

>> While I am on documentation I found that a lot of the links off
>>
>>  http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/
>>
>> were broken. Such as this one for example
>>
>>  http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/mvn-site/rdf.jena.sparql/index.html
>>
> The problem might have been in wget-ing the site from
> https://builds.apache.org/job/clerezza-site/site/, would be good if
> you could open an issue and look into it.

Sorry, but I really have some things I need to do that are higher on my priority list.

Henry

> Cheers,
> Reto
>
>> Henry
>>

>>> Reto

-XX:MaxPermSize=248M -Dmaven.repo.local=/Users/hjs/.m2/bblfish-branch/repository -Dfile.encoding=utf-8
-jar ../target/platform.launcher.tdb-0.5-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar

and I then look at the properties it does not seem to pick up the desired maven repository.

you tried it when running Clerezza? If so then I may just be looking in the wrong place.

a non standard local maven repository.
code, which is extreemly tedious in IntelliJ because the source files are not tied in a standard
way to the class jars. So one has to hunt around the web to find the source files, and as
it happens their own site is down.

and setting $M2_HOME but nothing seems to work. Perhaps someone knows the magic incantation?

>> Social Web Architect
>> http://bblfish.net/

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/