From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: [scala-user] Solution: taking context seriously was: A scala anti pattern -- looking for a name
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:20:26 GMT
In a reply to Reto's post, which did not make it to the Clerezza list,
but which is available here
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/scala-user/IsJ1yXjd2lw/cdAsYsPc4-EJ

Rex Kerr wrote

> Is Clerezza intended to be used primarily on its console?  If yes, then interactive usability
is more important than maintainability of large blocks of code, since you don't typically
have large blocks of code, but you have lots of interaction.  Otherwise, you can take advantage
of the fact that you have some control over the console, unlike raw Scala source code.  You
can have a modal console that wraps everything in a new context(x) { } line by line, or a
context character like : that indicates that the following stuff is in the context of the
current graph (which can be a signal for the wrapping).

>   --Rex

I agree with Rex there, there are other ways around the problem of the
console.

Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/