From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: setting a non standard mvn local repository
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:18:00 GMT

On 14 Jul 2011, at 11:04, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The property for the local repository is:
> 'org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.localRepository' is you set this as system
> property the launcher will pass it on to felix.
>
> The property that can be used to set the list of (remote) repositories
> is 'org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories' which you cannot set as
> argument as it is overridden by the launcher (would be easy to also
> use an existing value), you could I think change the property at
> runtime.

yep, that works. Thanks.

Might be worth adding that to the documentation somwhere as it was (I felt) quite difficult
to find.

Btw, how did you get that so quickly? Does Netbeans make it easier to browse remote maven
source code?

While I am on documentation I found that a lot of the links off

  http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/

were broken. Such as this one for example

  http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/mvn-site/rdf.jena.sparql/index.html

Henry

> Reto
>

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Karl Pauls <karlpauls@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ah sorry, I missed that you where asking for a Clerezza specific
>> solution. I don't know whether this will work in this case or not (as
>> you guessed correctly, I only know that this works for running mvn).
>>
>> Sorry again for the noise.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Karl

>>> yes, I was just about to try the above too. I tried it now, and I don't think
it works.
>>> If I start zz with
>>>
>>> $ java -Xmx512m -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005
-XX:MaxPermSize=248M -Dmaven.repo.local=/Users/hjs/.m2/bblfish-branch/repository -Dfile.encoding=utf-8
-jar ../target/platform.launcher.tdb-0.5-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar

>>> The point of this is so that when you run a felix install
>>>
>>> zz> :f install mvn:org.apache.clerezza/platform.security.foafssl.ontologies/0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT
>>>
>>> you can be sure it is going to fetch the correct jar.
>>>
>>> If I put a few break points in org.ops4j.pax.url.maven.commons.MavenConfigurationImpl
and I then look at the properties it does not seem to pick up the desired maven repository.

>>> So I think your solution works when running mvn. Just to make sure: have you
tried it when running Clerezza? If so then I may just be looking in the wrong place.

>>> Henry

which is extreemly tedious in IntelliJ because the source files are not tied in a standard
way to the class jars. So one has to hunt around the web to find the source files, and as
it happens their own site is down.

and setting $M2_HOME but nothing seems to work. Perhaps someone knows the magic incantation?