From Reto Bachmann-Gmür ...@farewellutopia.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release apache clerezza parent and release-profile modules
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:29:16 GMT
Tommaso Teofili said the following on 07/20/2011 04:57 PM:
> 2011/7/20 Reto Bachmann-Gmür <me@farewellutopia.com>
>
>> On Jul 20, 2011 3:54 PM, "Tommaso Teofili" <tommaso.teofili@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I could run 'mvn install' successfully both from svn tag and from the
>>> unzipped package
>>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~reto/clerezza-release-201107/clerezza-201107.tar.gz
>> .
>>> However I see some issues which in my opinion should be solved for this
>>> release:
>>> - the .svn dir/files shouldn't be there
>> I agree
>>> - I think it'd be better to create two separate packages (in order to
>>> distribute them from our website): a source-release package and a
>>> binary-release package.
>> This would be an archive consisting of all the binary jars, or should we
>> exclude the jars for the bundles in the launcher?
>>
> I think we should also include the launchers as people would use them to
> launch Clerezza.
Yes, the launcher is a binary jar, certainly the most important one. I
was suggesting to exclude the bundles contained in the launcher. Also
there is no use for the storageless launcher which is only used in the
process of building a launcher with storage (it could confuse people
that try to launch it and find that most services don't work).

So the release zip would consist of:
- tdb launcher
- bundles not in launcher (like stable serializer)
- clerezza maven plugins

Cheers,
Reto