From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: EzGraph
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:15:11 GMT
On 1st of June you wrote:

[[
For the issue to be resolvable:
- It should be at least minimally documented, a minimal documentation includes api documentation
for all public members.
- not use unicode character not readily available in the most commonly used fonts on all major
operating systems.
- EasyGraph should not extend SimpleMGraph, the current implementations copies all the triples
of the wrapped graph in memory
- As I already commented on May 8, as writing generally goes together with reading I don't
see why we should have a RichGraphNode for reading and EasyGraphNode for writing
]]

I have now done all you asked me to do then: unit tests, documentation, not to extend simple
graph.

On 30 Jun 2011, at 13:37, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:

> Hi Henry
>
> I saw some commits of you for CLEREZZA-510 and I'm a bit irritated.

Well the right response is to be really happy that people are contributing good code to Clerezza.
I even did what you asked me to do here. Is there any way one can make you happy?

> A couple of days ago I made a suggestion [1] on what we could include in the release,
i.e. which parts I think are uncontroversial and thus can stay in trunk.

You would like a Trait. Ok, I think that would be nice too. But I think what we have now is
stable and good enough for your release. All the code works with it. You can open another
issue if you wish with the trait idea. I am happy to think about it over time, but I have
a few other priorities right now.

> Your counter suggestion was not to include any resolution of CLEREZZA-510 in the release.

Well yes, if you are in a hurry, then it's not difficult to remove that code. I'll be moving
it to my github branch.

> Now the most recent commits looks like an extension of your proposed patch in trunk.
If CLEREZZA-510 is not to be part of the release then you should move your patches to an issue
branch, i.e. to the svn folder /issues/CLEREZZA-510 if however you want to keep it in trunk
we should discuss on the list how the resolution should look like, in this spirit I started
the mentioned thread.

Discussion takes time. Code speaks louder than words here. I don't see what you are unhappy
about.

Henry

> Cheers,
> Reto