From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apply-method for language
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:28:56 GMT
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>wrote:

> On 22 Jun 2011, at 13:20, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:
>

> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>wrote:
>

>> On 21 Jun 2011, at 08:23, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:
>>
>> Do you think you have some time today to demonstrate how things work in
>> the unit tests? Afaict the examples you wrote in the comments, e.g. the one
>> with (FOAF.knows)(g.bnode(FOAF.name)("Danny Ayers"('en))) cannot work.
>>

>> I'll start doing that now.
>>

> Let me know if you need some help. It would be great if we could close that
> issue today or tomorrow.
>

> I simplified the EasyGraph, added an initial LangId class just to get
> going, and filled in the unit tests. They should
> work but don't . I need to write a couple of things, so I checked it in, in
> case you can see what the problem may be.

I'll look at it.

> Some ideas: one could rename EasyGraph(Node) to EzGraph(Node). Then it
> contains the z of Clerezza (and of Zorro too ;-)
> I have removed the "Builder" in "LiteralBuilder" The Literal is not a
> Builder. It's just that Scala makes it easy to map between literals.

It's an thing that returns a typedLiteral when adding a type, a plain
literal when adding a language and which dynamically convert to xsd:string
typedLiteral, don't see wha's wrong with "builder".

> "an english string" :en "an english string"@en

The new syntax is with a ":"-method on the new Language class?

> is both correct in rdf semantics and available in n3. In any case it is a
> good way to think of the meaning of @ or ^^
> They are maps from strings to literals. That is indeed how they are defined
> in the RDF Semantics spec.

Right, that's why there is this dynamic conversion from String to
LiteralBuilder. Because you can apply a language or a type to a String and
then it becomes a literal (or a UriRef for that mather, with the .uri
method).

Cheers,
Reto