From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept the proposed patch of CLEREZZA-540
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 00:08:11 GMT
On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 8:16 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>wrote:

> On 28 May 2011, at 08:55, Tsuyoshi Ito wrote:
>
> > Dear all
> >
> > If no existing API will be changed:
>
> Well the closing of 540 would also officially close 544 (which is still
> closed waiting for 540 to be closed
> even though officially this is not a legal Apache maneuvre).

No, CLEREZZA-544 is not closed. I explained why I already committed code for
that issue. But closing the issue this thread is about, would not prevent
you from vetoing against 544.

> And 544 does changes quite an important api.

It adds a method, it doesn't change neither signature nor behaviour.

> It adds a new method to CallbackRenderer
>
>  public void render(UriRef resource, GraphNode context, String mode,
>                     OutputStream os) throws IOException;
>
> I am not against such an addition were it not for the way GraphNodeProvider
> is implemented currently.

[...]

> Now this means that the GraphNodeProvider is not just a package for some of
> Reto's pet projects, but
> will be central to the working of Clerezza.  In which case the issue of the
> efficiency of it and the
> decisions it makes on what is authoritative should be considered more
> intently it seems to me.

I think that the Trunk is not a place for Pet projects anyway.

Reto