From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 540 in perspective -- Re: [VOTE] Accept the proposed patch of CLEREZZA-540
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 18:41:38 GMT
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> On 8 Jun 2011, at 13:02, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:
>
> > Dear Henry,
> >
> > The current situation is really annoying and part of the blame goes on me
> as I'm part of the Clerezza community that failed to introduce you to the
> project and the community in a way that empowers you to identify issues
> suitable for an iterative development that leads to the envisaged viral
> social web platform and to provide resolutions for these issues capable of
> consensus.
> >
> > The current is the worst crises of our community and the biggest
> impediment to productive work we have had till now. So I urge to collaborate
> with the following approach to get back to productive work (i.e. getting
> issues closed rather than arguing):
> >
> > - you withdraw your -1 against a patch that doesn't change the behaviour
> of any existing method and which has had 5 +1
> >
> > - I will give hand to find ways to identify useful issues and solutions
> for the desired functionality. You specify the issue you'd like to address
> and I'll help you split this up into actually resolvable (and reviewable)
> issues and describe approaches on how this be resolved. Then you'll be able
> to contribute to a monotonic growth of closed (tiny) issues and thus to a
> constant improvement of clerezza.
> >
> > Please Henry, help leaving the current mess behind and get back to a
> collaboration that yields to product improvements.
>
> Ok, sounds good. +1

Great, thanks! I close the issue and I'll be looking at your code on
CLEREZZA-416 to make proposals on bits that can be closed and trying to
contribute patches.

Sorry for the discussion getting over heated a bit.

I'd like to add my apologies for an unfriendly tone in some of my mails.

Enjoy Berlin!

Reto