From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <r...@apache.org>
Subject Release despite code from unclosed issues?
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:17:49 GMT
I'm really looking forward to having a first clerezza release. I think it is
important to have a version against which tutorials can be written and that
its important for us to have the experience of going through the release
process.

As only closed issues indicate that both developer and (after a 72h delay)
the rest of our community are satisfied with the solution I think that
technically a release should not contain any code from an unclosed issue. I
wrote last week on how to address the issues for which code has been
committed but that are not yet closed.

I believe the conditions that led as to the current situation with many
interdependent issues with quite massive changes to trunk without the issues
being closable were quite unfortunate and that we should take great care
that this wont happen again. However I'm not sure on what we best should do
now:

- (vote on) release a specified trunk version even though this contains code
that is not at satisfaction of its developer and the community
- revert all code committed for issues that cannot be closed
- wait till the issues can be closed

What do you think?

Cheers,
Reto