From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: EasyGraph: suggestion on what to include in the release and how
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 12:57:57 GMT

On 27 Jun 2011, at 11:08, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:

> Hi Henry and all,
>
> I suggest to do the following for the release:
>
> - We add the construct allowing to add properties to a node with node -- property -->
object and its inverse -<- property -- subject to RichGraphNode
> - We add a trait EzGraph (or EasyGraph) that provides by default the implicit conversions
as when importing a Preamble(new SimpleMGraph) object, a graph other than a new SimpleMGraph
can be specified by overriding a field
> - We add the ability for creating string-referenceable bnodes to the EzGraph Trait

I can look into it.

But don't you think this would be better left for after your release?  No code currently uses
the projected RichGraphNode, so we would not know if it is a good thing to enhance it. RichGraphNode
is currenlty used mostly in SSP pages where read only behavior is required. So I am not sure
if adding write behavior to a read only framework is such a good idea.

Making the seperation clear, and making it possible to combine them would be good, but that
requires working on traits, and doing more work there.

> And postpone the other suggested features like support for these unicode characters avaliable
on mac

Are they not available on other OSes?

If you look at the scalaz code you will see they are full of unicode characters.

> and the new language features to after the release where they should be tackled in issue-branches.
I think tgether with what we already have with ZZ-577 this would allow us to have the most
important improvements introduced by the EasyGraph issue.

I suppose the best thing would be to create a release branch, and start tightening things
up there. As mentioned previously
you could remove all my code from it and get your release now.

Henry

> What do you think?
>
> Cheers,
> Reto
>
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto@apache.org> wrote:
>

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>
> On 22 Jun 2011, at 17:23, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:
>
>> To make debugging easier it woul be good to have tests of smaller sizes pass. So
I recommend that before writing a test for an 18 triple-graph write a couple of test with
only between  1 and 3 triples.

> yes, that's just what I was doing now, and am having trouble there.
>
> But at least we can see that the notation looks good.
>
> I though I try with what I thought to be the easiest possible case:
>
>     private val miniGraph: Graph = {
>         val henry = new UriRef("http://bblfish.net/#hjs")
>         val reto = new UriRef("https://farewellutopia.com/user/me#me")
>         val gr = new SimpleMGraph
>         gr.add(new TripleImpl(reto,FOAF.knows, henry))
>         gr.getGraph
>     }
>
>     @Test
>     def miniUsingAsciiArrows {
>         import org.apache.clerezza.rdf.scala.utils.EasyGraph._
>         val ez = new EasyGraph()
>         // example using arrows
>         (
>             "https://farewellutopia.com/user/me#me".uri -- FOAF.knows --> "http://bblfish.net/#hjs".uri
>         )
>         Assert.assertEquals("Both graphs should have the same size",largerGraph.size,
ez.size)
>         Assert.assertEquals("Both graphs should contain exactly the same triples",miniGraph,
ez.getGraph)
>     }
>
> But this doesn't even compile, how is one supposed to write this single-triple graph
with ez-graph?

> Cheers,
> Reto
>

> Henry