From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: apply-method for language
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:11:59 GMT

On 22 Jun 2011, at 13:20, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>
> On 21 Jun 2011, at 08:23, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:
>> Do you think you have some time today to demonstrate how things work in the unit
tests? Afaict the examples you wrote in the comments, e.g. the one with (FOAF.knows)(g.bnode(FOAF.name)("Danny
Ayers"('en))) cannot work.

> I'll start doing that now.
>
> Let me know if you need some help. It would be great if we could close that issue today
or tomorrow.

I simplified the EasyGraph, added an initial LangId class just to get going, and filled in
the unit tests. They should
work but don't . I need to write a couple of things, so I checked it in, in case you can see
what the problem may be.

Some ideas: one could rename EasyGraph(Node) to EzGraph(Node). Then it contains the z of Clerezza
(and of Zorro too ;-)
I have removed the "Builder" in "LiteralBuilder" The Literal is not a Builder. It's just that
Scala makes it easy to map between literals.

"an english string" :en "an english string"@en

is both correct in rdf semantics and available in n3. In any case it is a good way to think
of the meaning of @ or ^^
They are maps from strings to literals. That is indeed how they are defined in the RDF Semantics
spec.

Henry

Henry

> Cheers,