From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: sketch of a compromise solution -- Re: [VOTE] Accept the proposed patch of CLEREZZA-540
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 15:34:06 GMT

On 3 Jun 2011, at 13:29, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:

>> but that graph and something else, defined in some unrelated package. For
>> me this does not make it easy to understand the code.
>>
> Obviously you don't. Would be good we find way to improve understanding of
> the clerezza architecture without requiring blocking the evolution by
> casting -1

If I had cast a -1 then you would have had to remove the code without my needing to give you
an explanation, as you did recently to my code - only providing an explanation a week after
the fact. So please don't exaggerate. If not closing an issue is the equivalent to a -1, then
you are the biggest disher-out of -1 on this list.

You added a GraphNodeProvider. I tried to use it to get GraphNodes for remote URIs, and discovered
that I got the whole content graph, documentation graph, and a number of other graphs with
it too. The reasons for introducing this were never explained - you only just did it now,
with reference to a discobits application that is not available in ZZ trunk. I am trying to
read your explanation there and am not finding it easy to understand....

Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/