From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: How to name things with URIs
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 13:32:45 GMT

On 10 May 2011, at 14:44, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:

> For cached graphs I suggest to have uirs like:
>
> urn:x-localinstance:/cache/<remote-uri>

-1

Should each user who makes a request not get a different remote graph?
Because what if a remote instance returns different graphs to different users for the same
resource?

Btw, I also opened this discussion in CLEREZZA-489 [1]

My guess is that the graph management should hide all of this from the user.

The user should ask for relative graphs if he wants local ones.

Then if he wants remote graphs he should use the name of the remote graph he wishes to get.
How that remote graph is named interally is not really important. If the fetch is done over
TCP without cookies or headers, then presumably all users of the server can view that graph
equally. If fetching the remote graph requires authentication, then the graph will be in part
determined by who fetched it.

In the end these graphs should probably just be blank nodes, with descriptors of how they
were fetched.

Henry

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/

Social Web Architect