From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: WebID support
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 09:58:43 GMT

On 12 May 2011, at 11:39, Sergio Fernández wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 12 May 2011 10:44, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>>> OK, plaing with the menus I found it. But now I have two questions:
>>>
>>> 1) When creating the WebID it requests me a username and password, but
>>> it's not the same than the current logged user :-/
>>
>>   What requests a username and password? I think you mean your browser or your keychain
requests
>> that. That is your operating system asking you if you want to add it to your keychain
I think.

> The browser requests it, yes (see this screenshot:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/608222/create-webid-profile.png ). But I don't
> know which credentials are expected on this step.

you are looking at the http connection there, not the http_s_ connection.
The above looks like a Basic_Auth login box. I had not realised that that
was available.

>>> 2) With other user I associated my WebID
>>> (http://www.wikier.org/foaf#wikier), but now I have no idea how to use
>>> it to login in Clerezza.
>>
>> Ah! if you want to login to Clerezza with a WebID from another site then you don't
>> need an account on Clerezza. You just go to clerrezza on your https port and your
>> browser will ask you for a certificate. You will then be identify on clerezza.
>
> Ok, I see. But I'm getting a SSL error: "SSL connection error: Unable
> to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with
> the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate
> that you don't have. Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL
> protocol error." Something is wrong in my SSL installation :-/

not sure exactly where you find this message. Is that in your browser?

What do you get when you go to

https://bblfish.net:8443/test/WebId

>> For the moment that does not seem to give you access to very much though on a
>> default installation of clerezza. We should have something the user can do when he
logs in.
>> Perhaps at least be able to see his profile panel from the point of view of clerezza?
>> (Just opened CLEREZZA-516 for this)
>> I just update the test suite so that it is easier to start in ZZ
>> but you can see this working
>>   https://bblfish.net:8443/test/WebId
>>
>> That is not very exciting I must admit!
>
> I only want to test if it can do it. Then we can start to do more
> exciting things ;-)
>
>> It would be useful if we had a blogging engine ship by default with zz, then
>> webid could be used to login and leave comments for example.
>>

>> Also the login name is ugly. ( I just opened CLEREZZA-515 for that )
>>
>> Henry
>>

>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> __      ___ _   _
>>> \ \    / (_) |_(_)___ _ _
>>>  \ \/\/ /| | / / / -_) '_|  Sergio Fernández
>>>   \_/\_/ |_|_\_\_\___|_|    http://www.wikier.org/
>>
>> Social Web Architect
>> http://bblfish.net/
>>

> --
>  \ \/\/ /| | / / / -_) '_|  Sergio Fernández
>   \_/\_/ |_|_\_\_\___|_|    http://www.wikier.org/

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/