From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Questions on recent changes about WebId changes
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 19:40:12 GMT
Hi Henry

I was trying to understand the recent changes around webid authentication.

I understand that the verification of WebId has been moved to the SSL
layer to the http layer.

A comment in X509TrustManagerWrapperService says: //At this level we
just check if there are webids

While FoafSslAuthentication says:
/**
 * Here we no longer care about verifying the web-id claims as this should
 * already have been done by X509TrustManagerWrapperService
 */

I assume the second comment is outdated. I'm trying to understand the
current working. I see the WebIDClain and X509Claim and theirs class
description (scala-doc comments) seem almost identical. Which issue
motivated the change of the layer for the WebId verification?

Cheers,
Reto