From Olivier Grisel <ogri...@nuxeo.com>
Subject OSGi dependency learks in extension package
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 12:53:35 GMT
Hi all,

I noticed that the latest snapshot of
org.apache.clerezza.ext:com.ibm.icu has recently been introducing an
unexpected dependency on scala:

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/clerezza/ext/com.ibm.icu/0.5-incubating-SNAPSHOT/com.ibm.icu-0.5-incubating-20110511.115838-268.pom
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/clerezza/ext/com.ibm.icu/0.5-incubating-SNAPSHOT/com.ibm.icu-0.5-incubating-20110511.115838-268.jar

The problem seems to be that com.ibm.icu has a
<Embed-Dependency>*</Embed-Dependency> that embeds the sl4j-api,
sl4j-scala-api and sl4j-simple jars and the SCR introspection of those
jars introduces the runtime dependency on the "scala" package.

Previously, in:

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/clerezza/ext/com.ibm.icu/0.5-incubating-SNAPSHOT/com.ibm.icu-0.5-incubating-20110430.150330-267.jar

only the  sl4j-api and sl4j-simple jars where embedded hence we did
not observe the problem. Anyway I don't see why this bundle should
embed the sl4j jars. What do you think about making the
<Embed-Dependency>icu4j</Embed-Dependency> explicit to avoid this kind
of problems?

--
Olivier