From Danny Ayers <danny.ay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Friendly RDF and Gremlin
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 17:16:29 GMT
Right, but the auth distinction could be made along similar lines to
http/https - it's orthogonal. I do think at some point we end up
caching graphs (and their provenance to, I hope) but the bit I like
about danbri's Gremlin play is that it's a really stateless wander.
Starting from the assumption that the graph is public, we go and forth
as we choose.

You know I'm a big fan of SPARQL, but the Gremlin approach really does
seem to render a lot of that redundant. Ok, maybe while you're walking
the Web you might want to pass the data into a local SQL DB (for
example), but being able to walk the paths could be really useful.
SPARQL 1.1 has path stuff, looks good on paper, but let's say you've
set up your eCommerce site, being able to walk with data spectacles on
looks good to me.

--
http://danny.ayers.name