From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Re: WebId Testsuite
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 20:53:45 GMT
On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
wrote:

> On 16 May 2011, at 22:26, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:
>
>> Yes, is is active (the start command would complain if activation
>> fails). Just tried again with the newest launcher available for
>> download.
>

> Try going to /test/WebId then.

With the newest launcher I have exactly the same problem.

>> reopening issue.
>
> Could you fill in that documentation?

No the task of the reviewer is to make sure that (taken from
http://wiki.trialox.org/confluence/display/DEV/Committing,+versioning+and+code+reviewing
):

   - The code conforms to the coding guidelines
   - Tests demonstrate the correct working of the code (in terms of the
   issue to be resolved)
   - The code is a minimal solution solving the issue at hand
   - The documentation is complete and concise
   - The design is reasonably elegant (i.e. it doesn't stink,
   http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?CodeSmell)
   - The code contains no duplication
   - Typo in comments may be corrected directly; other changes should be
   suggested to the resolver of the issue

So I think the best way to reviews is to start by comparing the
documentation with the goal of the issue, try out the implementation to see
that it works as documented and as a last step look at the code to check for
the design of the code, etc.

Documenting the solution is a crucial part of resolving an issue. If
documentation and implementation are split into two issues then the
documentation issue is the one that has to be resolved first (documentation
as specification).

Reto