From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Update to scala 2.9? - Re: Build failure due to stack overflow
Date Sat, 14 May 2011 14:39:09 GMT
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
> A new version of Scala is out.
Yes, and we could use the DelayedInit Trait for making scala
renderlets even more compact

> It may be worth trying with that new one one windows
> just in case.
Afaict this is the first time compile problem on windows have been
reported and other people are using windows too.

> I am not sure where to make the one change, but is should not be too
> complicated.
In general all versions for dependencies used in more than one place
(i.e. practically all dependencies, as the usually at least one module
and the launcher depends on them)  are in the dependency management
section of the parent pom. The scala-scripting module has its own
dependency management section as its not inheriting from parent.

Note however that we use the scala compiler and library bundles
provided by apache service mix. You might want to rise an issue there
for them to provided 2.9 based bundles.

Reto

> On 13 May 2011, at 17:52, Anuj Kumar wrote:
>
>> Ok no luck.. I will use my Linux machine only instead of wasting time with
>> Windows :-/
>> Thanks Reto, Hasan and Henry for your help.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Anuj
>>
>> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 12:06 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <
>> reto.bachmann@trialox.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I'd try
>>>
>>> MAVEN_OPTS="-Xss1024k -Xmx1g" mvn clean install -o
>>>
>>> don't know the syntax for setting MAVEN_OPTS on windows (try an
>>> invalid setting to make sure maven complains)
>>>
>>> Reto

>>> isn't

was trying to
>>> build