From Danny Ayers <danny.ay...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: draft-hammer-hostmeta-15
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 12:08:53 GMT
fyi

It's a means of providing host metadata, basically an XML file at a
Well Known Location (which does contravene a Web fundamental, cf.
robots.txt, but RFC 5785 seems reasonable pragmatism)

I'm fairly sure it would be trivial to implement in Clerezza, and I'd
suggest that anything that helps with resource discovery is probably a
good idea.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com>
Date: 9 May 2011 22:05
Subject: draft-hammer-hostmeta-15
To: webfinger@googlegroups.com

(Please discuss this draft on the Apps-Discuss <apps-discuss@ietf.org>
mailing list)

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hammer-hostmeta-15

After letting -13 expire with little to no interest, I have been asked
to get this work done and published. Given that this draft if the only
actual WebFinger specification, I figured I'd give this group the
heads up that I plan to ask for another IETF Last Call this week and
be done with it.
Changes since -13 (last one discussed here):
* Reworked HTTP vs HTTPS language moving the decision which to use to
the application using host-meta. So if you are writing a protocol
using it, you need to decide how to handle it, which to support, and
which to ask for first.
* Added JRD format as an appendix. This format is different from the
JRD previously published on my blog. The main change is keeping the
order of links exactly the same as in the XML document.
If you at all care about this work, please review it now. Otherwise,
it will be published as-is.
EHL

--
http://danny.ayers.name