From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: WebID in Browsers
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 08:12:27 GMT

On 25 May 2011, at 01:03, Marco Zaugg wrote:

> Thanks for sharing Henry. Very nice video. I agree the look and feel
> of the Account Control Panel should be improved, but hey, I finally
> got what you are about to build.

Yes, it is difficult to explain some things other than by first building them and then demonstrating
. :-)

I am not a html or UI expert. I can write it of course and make it look reasonably good, but
I don't know all the browser tricks,  the aesthetic details, css or javascript to make a really
good looking  interface. And of course for a developer  demo that was not the priority.

Clerezza is really an excellent platform for building the Social Web, and this is why I wanted
to get enough working for the WebID conference in California ( #idbrowser ) and the Federated
Social Web Conference taking place in Berlin in 10 days http://d-cent.org/fsw2011/ . At the
Berlin conference there should be a lot of people who these demos could convince to join,
use and hopefully even help develop Clerezza.

So I am really glad the video helped! I hope it can start a UI architecture discussion, so
that we can understand the functionalities needed and how to make those as attractive and
easy to use as possible. This can then guide many other decisions such as where code should
go - which for the moment I left in the Account Control Panel, for lack of a good idea of
where else to put it.
   Perhaps we should have a meeting at some point because I have a nagging feeling that doing
UI in e-mail discussions is going to be difficult :-)

> Loved the birds tweeting in the background.
> Sounded like you were out in the green recording this screencast.

yes, I am in Fontainebleau here which is a small town in the middle of a  big forest, with
lots of trees and lots of birds twittering away, especially now that it is spring time :-)

  Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/