From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: WebID support
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 08:44:48 GMT

On 12 May 2011, at 10:15, Sergio Fernández wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 12 May 2011 10:05, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>>> So now the question is: how I can use my WebD to login into the dashboard?
>>
>> You go to your Administration->AccountControlPanel
>>
>>  click on the Profile tab
>>
>> There you will be asked if you want to crete a WebID.
>>
>> (I think that automatically ever user of the platform with a traditional login should
have a WebID,
>>  so this should not appear. I opened a bug report on that )
>>
>> So you affirm that you do.
>>
>> Then you get a page where you can create a certificate, and fill out your profile.
>
> OK, plaing with the menus I found it. But now I have two questions:
>
> 1) When creating the WebID it requests me a username and password, but
> it's not the same than the current logged user :-/

   What requests a username and password? I think you mean your browser or your keychain requests
that. That is your operating system asking you if you want to add it to your keychain I think.

> 2) With other user I associated my WebID
> (http://www.wikier.org/foaf#wikier), but now I have no idea how to use
> it to login in Clerezza.

Ah! if you want to login to Clerezza with a WebID from another site then you don't
need an account on Clerezza. You just go to clerrezza on your https port and your
browser will ask you for a certificate. You will then be identify on clerezza.

For the moment that does not seem to give you access to very much though on a
default installation of clerezza. We should have something the user can do when he logs in.
Perhaps at least be able to see his profile panel from the point of view of clerezza?
(Just opened CLEREZZA-516 for this)
I just update the test suite so that it is easier to start in ZZ
but you can see this working
   https://bblfish.net:8443/test/WebId

That is not very exciting I must admit!

It would be useful if we had a blogging engine ship by default with zz, then
webid could be used to login and leave comments for example.

Also the login name is ugly. ( I just opened CLEREZZA-515 for that )

Henry

> Thanks.
>
> --
>  \ \/\/ /| | / / / -_) '_|  Sergio Fernández
>   \_/\_/ |_|_\_\_\___|_|    http://www.wikier.org/

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/