From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: How to name things with URIs
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 12:37:50 GMT
Why are you having this debate on the mailing list? There are a number of bug reports where
this issue has already been discussed?

For example:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLEREZZA-489

And there were a number of other bugs that are duplicates of it:
CLEREZZA-470 and  CLEREZZA-463.

I just want to know when we are meant to use the mailing list and when the issue
database.

On 13 May 2011, at 13:36, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:

> [...]

platform instance. If a user want to retrieve something with her identity she cannot use webproxy.

> > Because what if a remote instance returns different graphs to different
> > users for the same resource?
> >
> > Btw, I also opened this discussion in CLEREZZA-489 [1]
> >
> > My guess is that the graph management should hide all of this from the
> > user.
> >
> > The user should ask for relative graphs if he wants local ones.
> Which is a direct access to the cache graph, which is consitent with my proposal above.

> > Then if he wants remote graphs he should use the name of the remote
> > graph he wishes to get. How that remote graph is named interally is not
> > really important.
> Which somehow contrasts your -1 above.
>
> > If the fetch is done over TCP without cookies or
> > headers, then presumably all users of the server can view that graph
> > equally. If fetching the remote graph requires authentication, then the
> > graph will be in part determined by who fetched it.
> >
> > In the end these graphs should probably just be blank nodes, with
> > descriptors of how they were fetched.
> Yes, i a perfect world we have bracketing rdf stores so that graphs can be anonymously
within others. But till then we need a key (name) for our named graph store.

> If you want to stick to your -1, could you popose an alternative?
>
> I really want to do some tidying in the proxy code.
>
> Cheers,
> reto
> >
> > Henry
> >
> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/