From Daniel Spicar <daniel.spi...@trialox.org>
Subject Re: howto: start clerezza and put it in the background
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:49:04 GMT
If we have a "deamonized" init-script for clerezza. Do we want to be able to
"connect" to the felix/clerezza shell then? Normally deamons do not provide
such a possibility. With clerezza it is possible to connect to the shell via
ssh though provided the corresponding bundle is activated. Alternatively it
is possible to use the shell via the felix web console.

Something like that can be implemented with the java service wrapper [1]. It
is available as LGPL community version for open source projects.

However if we want to use an approach like with screen, where we can start
clerezza, put it in the background and attach to the console again, then I
am not aware of any pre-made solutions for this. Does anybody know of one? I
guess it would be possible to write a wrapper script for the corresponding
screen commands on top of some "deamonize" script. But the disadvantage is
that screen (or nohup) can not be used on (native) windows (only with cygwin
afaik). So the solution would only work on unix (osx) systems. I have no
experience on doing something like this for windows.

Any suggestions/comments?

[1] http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/download.jsp