From Hasan Hasan <ha...@trialox.org>
Subject release planning
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 09:03:39 GMT
Dear All

We have been very late in providing a release version of Apache Clerezza.
I'd like to push a bit our efforts in this direction.

1) New release date
A separate email will be sent around to request votes on a new release date

2) Included modules
All modules listed in the release profile (pom.xml of parent), see also
CLEREZZA-485 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLEREZZA-485>.
I suggest, if a module is not ready on the release date, it is taken out of
the release version
in order to NOT delay releasing Apache Clerezza any further.

I think it is important to assign one or two responsible persons to each
module.
To start, I'll assign our names to each module in
CLEREZZA-485<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLEREZZA-485>
.
Feel free to update or add your names to those modules that you want to be
responsible for.

3) Functionality within modules
I suggest that for the time being no additional features are added to the
module, but let us
concentrate on bug fixing and performance improvement.

4) API
I recommend to not alter any API intended for application developers. API
intended for use within Clerezza
may be changed if needed, but should be avoided.

Further suggestions?

Kind regards
Hasan