From Marco Zaugg <marco.za...@getunik.com>
Subject How to modify pages on the project website
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 03:53:27 GMT
Hi there

I'd like to contribute my non-techie time to work on
the project website http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/
as the current site contains many typos, missing content
for IT executives, Non-SemWeb savvies etc.

Although not usual in the developer world I thought even
contributing summaries of what Apache Clerezza is about
in different languages.

Question: How do I modify the content without being a
Clerezza Core developer. I'm looking for whether a
simple SSH/SFTP access to HTML files or a simple CMS
that I can use to populate the content. Of course somebody
of the core team will have to approve the content.

In order to improve the speed of developer howtos and
further documentation I would rather use a wiki such
as Confluence or similar. My company is partner of Atlassian
and therefore able to provide a customized Apache Clerezza
Wiki skin.

I challenge the current process of updating content as it
seems to be too time consuming and over-engineered for what
the community need. If you want good quality documentation you
have to lower the hurdles for those that are willing to
contribute. If you'd like to showcase the capabilities of
Apache Clerezza don't do that jeopardizing the easyness of
updating content. This actually is one of the leasons learned
in the knowledge management world that came out with wikis
as one of the answers to that.

Marco