From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: howto: start clerezza and put it in the background
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 08:52:53 GMT

On 6 Apr 2011, at 10:03, Tsuyoshi Ito wrote:

> Hi Henry
>
> In deed, this is an important information for new users. I will add it to
> page "launching clerezza" or would you try to do it by yourself using Reto's
> instructions and tools?

Thanks Tsuyoshi. Can I leave it to you? It's just that I have so much on my plate
to do here - even though I am unemployed - with the WebID XG, following the IETF
Dane group, building things in zz for Berlin, and helping a few others getting going with
zz, that I don't have time to catch air.

Also there should probably be an issue on starting zz in detached mode initially.

Henry

> CHeers
> Tsuy
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>wrote:
>
>> On remote servers one needs to start ZZ in such a way that it can continue
>> workingeven when the telnet connection to the server is broken. If one just
>> naively starts clerezza and breaks the telnet connection clerezza will be
>> killed.
>>
>> On unix I think one has to  use the "screen" program, run clerezza, and
>> then detach. One can then either attach locally again, or connect via ssh .
>>
>> Perhaps something like this to be added to documentation?
>>
>> Henry
>>
>> Social Web Architect
>> http://bblfish.net/
>>

> --