From Andy Seaborne <andy.seabo...@epimorphics.com>
Subject Re: Potentially relevant work in RDF-WG
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2011 16:21:58 GMT

On 23/04/11 17:08, Henry Story wrote:

> On 23 Apr 2011, at 18:00, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>
>> The following may be of interest to Clerezza:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/Skolemization
>>
>> 	Andy (as Apache rep on RDF-WG)
>
> Oh dear the skolemization issue. I still have to read Gareth Evan's
> the Variety of Reference again to see if I can have an opinion on that.
>
> Anyway, that page does not say much. I had suggested in the discussion that
> one should have URN schemes with life limits to the existence of URIs to make this
> work correctly.
>
> Henry
>

> Social Web Architect
> http://bblfish.net/

PS Any comments you want to make can go to:
public-rdf-comment@w3.org

There is *a lot* of discussion on the WG mailing list.  That wiki page
is merely a proposal (and one that has not been decided upon, nor what
documents will end up in).  And it would be "advice", not a requirement
of systems.

Another issue (and this one is decided):
http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/meeting/2011-04-13#resolution_1

"""
Mark xs:string as archaic for use in RDF, recommending use of plain
literals instead. Recommend that systems silently convert xs:string data
to plain literals.
"""
(roughly, D-enatilment XSD 1a/1b hardwired into base RDF).

Again, a lot of discussion on the mailing list.

	Andy