From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: Vote: release date of Apache Clerezza
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 10:34:34 GMT

On 5 Apr 2011, at 12:14, Hasan Hasan wrote:

> Dear all
>
> We need to fix a new release date by which we can be sure that the modules
> we are responsible for are ready (see
> CLEREZZA-485<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLEREZZA-485>
> . Note, those assigned names may still change a bit)
>
> Candidate dates are:
>
> [ ] 17 April 2011
> [ ] 1 May 2011
> [ ] 15 May 2011
> [ ] 29 May 2011

I would go for 29 May to early June.

The reason is that the Federated Social Web Conference will be taking place in Berlin on June
2-3

  http://d-cent.org/fsw2011/

Where the WebID Incubator group will be meeting as well as the W3C Federated Social Web Group.
on the social web.

A week before that the W3C browser vendors are meeting in Mountain View California for an
Identity in the Browser summit where we would like to show a demo of of interlinked social
networks, of which Clerezza
   http://www.w3.org/2011/identity-ws/ . This is important long term, but I don't expect these
folks to download ZZ and play with it.

The Berlin Conference is the important one. It would be nice to be able to point attendees
there to Clerezza, with an easy install so that we can gain commiters. They will of course
only do this if we can have a social web story, which is what I am building here.

The pieces that would make crowds enthusiastic there will be

 - webID
 - Browsing the social web
 - adding friends
 - Friend requests ( using pingback )
 - blog engine, including ability to comment on posts authenticated with webid

Most of that is implemented. We just need the blog engine and serious UI improvements on pingback
and friending.

  When I have the blog engine running, then I'll be able to blog about ZZ.

Henry

> We'll use the latest date chosen. I don't think we should delay release
> beyond end of May 2011.
>
> Regards
> Hasan

Social Web Architect