From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Skeleton projects and maven archetypes or from command-line
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2011 10:45:28 GMT
Hello

I'm writing some code to be able to create skeleton projects from the
clerezza console, this is specially usefull in combination with
sourcebundles as the newly created project is installed as source-bundle and
you can start playing seeing the effect of your source-code changes right
away.

I'm not sure if I should support multiple project types like this and/or if
some of these should also be available as maven prototype.
I'm thinking to support the following project types
- scala with activator
- scala with declarative services
- java with ssp

the last project is what we currently have as skeleton project, as it uses
java it doesn't yet work with source-bundles. So I'm not sure if its better
to keep this make this a maven archetype (as planned, but I think some magic
is still needed for it to be an archetype) or if it should be created via a
command-line command (I think it might be hard to support both ways without
code duplication).

Cheers,
Reto