From Tsuyoshi Ito <tsuy....@trialox.org>
Subject Re: Skeleton projects and maven archetypes or from command-line
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:42:25 GMT
Hi Reto

Currently we are not using sourcebundles because of different
problems.(Amongst others, issues mentioned in the other thread:
storing BLOBs in a graph):

- updating ssp, js and css is slow (takes about 5-10sec)
- no support with java or No documentation how to do it in a java
project containing ssp.
- we are not using clerezza console because of instability. Also on
our server it is risky because there are no possibility to restrict
the functional range of the console for admins (e.g. admin can delete
all graphs from the console). futhermore if somthing is executing on
the clerezza console it is not possible to enter other commands.
- We have no experience with source bundle and how to use it. At the
moment the process to install and use it seems to be quite complicated
for an unexperienced developer.

=> Using file:/// to install bundles and thus reference files from the
file systen is still the best way for us (requesting a resource via
browser compiles the ssp and retrieves the current js and css).

>> This looks identical to the existing project in archetypes, do you know how
> to make an actual maven prototype out of it?

I am not sure what Oli and your are talking about. Is there a
missunderstanding? Oli are you talking about something related with
the maven archetype plugin? (check:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-creating-archetypes.html)

Cheers
Tsuy