From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Re: A question about Jena Sparql Engine and the TDB Store
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 13:19:26 GMT
On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Olivier Grisel <ogrisel@nuxeo.com> wrote:

> On 18 March 2011 12:22, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachmann@trialox.org> wrote:
> > I was convinced that sparql-fastlane wasa laready an issue, but it doesn't
> > seem to.
> >
> > Thanks for adding the issues.
>
> Actually I found one:
>
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLEREZZA-194
>
> But for some reason it was closed as "won't fix". I linked it to
> CLEREZZA-466 for reference.

I undesrstood the issue CLEREZZA-194 as a suggestion to replace the
arq based implementation with another one, so basically as providing
another implementation of
org.apache.clerezza.rdf.core.sparql.QueryEngine. The fastlane approach
(mentioned in the comments on to issue 194) is different as allows
support for endpoint that are tied to the storage.

I've added CLEREZZA-468 which comprises the needed changes in SCB core
and marked 466 as depending on it. I'm not sure about CLEREZZA-467, it
is currently possible (afaik) to run a query against multiple graphs
using FROM and FROM NAMED clauses, with a resolution of CLEREZZA-468
and 466 such a query would be forwarded to the tdb.storage provider
and has to be handled - not sure how the state between the resolution
of 466 and 467 is supposed to look like.

Reto