From Marco Zaugg <marco.za...@getunik.com>
Subject RE: website apache clerezza
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 12:27:32 GMT
+1 to Henry's, Tommaso's and Tsuy's post. Let's go with
static html files and use Clerezza in a second step.

Every additional day the current site is up and running
is a lost day as we simply do not attract new developers
to join.

-----Original Message-----
From: Henry Story [mailto:henry.story@bblfish.net]
Sent: Donnerstag, 17. März 2011 12:57
To: clerezza-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Tommaso Teofili
Subject: Re: website apache clerezza

On 17 Mar 2011, at 11:49, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:

> If in another half a year we see that even after having repeatedly updated
> the site it still takes unbearable extra-time to perform an update then we
> should reconsider changing the process. Apache CMS might be an alternative,
> static html files hardly are.

This is a bit above my knowledge here, but I'd suggest that static pages are excellent
for documentation, and that is what is perhaps most needed for new developers to
come along. The backend logic for that is so simple, it could easily be done
in a wiki even. Once done it can always be slurped into Clerezza and republished
there it seems to me. It could even be a useful module to have: if Apache is used
to publishing sites a certain way, then a module that used input generated that way,
with a bit of rdfa markup perhaps, would make for an easy transition.

The pages here

  https://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/spike/

look very good.

We should at some point develop a module where html developers need to know nothing
at all about clerezza in order to generate templates that they can use. This is the
thinking that led to projects such as

 - Enhydra XMLC [1] (2000->)
 - apache wicket [2]
 - lift scala library [3]

What would be useful would be to tune the experience gained form those and see how the semantic
web could add a further improvement to them.

But in any case if html devs want to make beautiful pages, the experience of those frameworks
is that what they produce has to be html.

	Henry

[1] http://xmlc.ow2.org/doc/index.html
[2] http://wicket.apache.org/
[3] http://demo.liftweb.net/templating/